Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel will replace most of the City Colleges of Chicago trustees, while retaining the system's chancellor and board chair.
Emanuel says he's behind chancellor Cheryl Hyman's plan to boost terrible graduation rates.
The colleges were beset by personnel problems, budget trouble and other fiscal difficulties under previous leader Wayne Watson.
The new board members are:
- Joyce Foundation president Ellen Alberding
- Charles Jenkins, senior pastor at Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church
- Marisela Lawson, a partner at the Sagence Group consulting firm
- attorney Larry Rogers Sr.
- Paula Wolff a top exec at Chicago Metropolis 2020.
Current board member Everett Rand will continue to serve.