The Chicago Cultural Center Foundation, a former linchpin of the city's arts funding community, may shut down.
The organization drew much of its fundraising power from the late Maggie Daley and was bolstered by annual six-figure contributions from the City of Chicago. Read more...
The Chicago City Council today approved changes to the city's taxi laws aimed at more closely monitoring the industry and improving safety for passengers, drivers and pedestrians.
After days of tributes to the late Maggie Daley by people who knew and admired her, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is talking with the Daley family to try to figure out the best way to permanently acknowledge what she meant to Chicago.
- City Mulling Maggie Daley Tribute Options [NBC-5]
- Emanuel consulting Daleys on lasting city tribute to Maggie [Chicago Sun-Times]
For former mayor, life must go on without 'his Maggie.'
- A Final Goodbye For Maggie Daley [CBS Chicago]
- Residents Gather At Holy Sepulchre to Say Goodbye to Maggie Daley [Patch.com]
- Son: Maggie Daley "loved the city of Chicago and its children" [Sun-Times]
The city should not be dictating charities to recipients of city subsidies, Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday, attempting to walk a political tightrope on allegations of favoritism against an after-school charity run by former First Lady Maggie Daley.
- Emanuel mum on city workers at Maggie Daley charity [Chicago Tribune]
- Emanuel to review TIF after report finds preferential treatment for Maggie Daley [WBEZ]
- Rahm Concerned About After School Matters Donations [Chicagoist]